A new season for Les Éperviers

Gabrielle Potvin, Caroline Tremblay

New coach, New players, Les Éperviers are ready to start their new season.

La Caramadière has a lot of sports team, Hockey, volleyball, badminton, basketball and also swimming. During the year, many activities will be available, Fille active, hockey league, soccer league and many lunchtime sports.

Hockey and swimming

Both of those teams are concentration programs from school. Students are training during the day.  Sometimes, the hockey teams even have to miss school to practice their sport.

The staff for this hockey season:

• Steve Tanguay is the coordinator of the hockey concentration
  • Michael Verret
  • Robert alias Bob

Volleyball      

This year’s La Camaradière high school will have 4 volleyball girls teams. there is no boys team because, since two years, the volleyball boys team were not enough that signed up.

This season the staff for volleyball is:

• Secondary 1:  Kariane Simoneau is coaching the secondary 1. She played at La Camaradière when she was a teenager. Marika Tanguay will also coach this season. She is coaching for a long time at this school.
  • Secondary 2: Marianne Leblanc-Laberge is coaching these girls.
  • Secondary 3 and secondary4: Vincent Dubé, Charles Bergeron and Fréderique Labbé are coaches for this team. The two boys went  La Camaradière and they also played in the team when they were in high school.
  • Secondary 5: For the oldest volleyball girls, Frédérique Drapeau is coaching the team.  As a teenager, she played volleyball at La Camaradière.

Basketball

In this school, the basketball team will have 5 teams, 2 teams of girls and 3 teams of boys. in the last two years, the team won the  RSEQ  championship.

The staff for this year is :

• For the youngest girl team: Laurence Fournier Bilodeau. She used to be student at La Camaradière
  • For the youngest boys team: Guillaume Lessard is coaching them this season.
  • For the cadet boys team:  Antoine Mbayo will coach the boys this year for another season.
  • For the juvenile boy’s team: Eloi Iradukunda who coaches the athletes for this year.
  • For the juvenile girl’s teams:  Ly-reille Mvuyekure s coaching the oldest girl this sports season.

Badminton

Badminton is new from this year. There is 1 team who represent the school. In this new team, there are 14 players.  For this sport, there is not any category like cadet or juvenile.

• The coach of the badminton team is Jean-Philippe Perron, he is a teacher at La Camaradière.

Sports Manager

It’s Fanny Pouliot-Savary who’s in charge of the sports. She is starting her third years at La Camaradière. As you probably know, last year she took 1/2 year leave because she was pregnant. It was Audrey Jacques who took the lead when Fanny was with her baby.

” I do have a good expectancy about the new season but I don’t have any expectancy about the performance of the team,  I Know that I have great coach and I’m sure they’ll do a great job. ” said Fanny the sports manager.

Hope that the Eperviers will succeed.