La tablée des chefs

Alec Clavet and Alexis Ratté

La Tablée des chefs‘ main goals is to feed and educate people in need and develop the culinary education for youth.

Les Brigades Culinaires program focuses on basic cooking techniques and the healthy eating. This program is present in the secondary schools of Québec. With their summer kitchen activity, Les Brigades Culinaires want to bring awarness to the youngs regarding of eating well and develop an healty diet. The program of Les Brigades Culinaires is present in 88 schools distributed in 16 regions in the province of Québec. At this moment, more than 1600 students participate in this program. Their future goal is to include this program in 200 highschool in the province.

At La Camaradière, it is the second year that this activity happen and more than 20 students participate at this activity. It’s the chef Dominique Lavoie who takes care of this activity. He is a chef at La tablée des chefs since 3 years. He said «I’m proud of taking care of this activity and I’m happy to see the progress of the students and to teach them».We also talk to a sec 3 student, Loan Mamone « I’m here to learn how to cook and meet new people. I like to be here because I feel free, if I make mistakes nobody will laught at me because we are all here to learn how to cook».

All along the year, the students of the school could go taste the meal of the students who participate to La Tablée des chefs. But the most important event of the year is the provincial tournament of Les Brigades Culinaires. This tournament happen at the Marché Jean-Talon. Only one team of the school will have the chance to participate at this provincial tournament. Last year, the school La Camaradiere went to the semifinal. The winners of the 2015 year was the school St-Therese and the winner of last year was the school St-Joseph.

The program of La Tablée des chefs has been inspired by the tv show named Chef’s Table. This tv program has been created by David Gelb. The tv show has been broadcast for the first time on Netflix on april 26th 2015. It is an american documentary series where each episode presents a world reknown chef. There are 3 seasons which count in total 18 episodes which last fifty minutes each.

Written by Alec Clavet and Alexis Ratté

Editing by Nathalia Valero, Olivier Mercier and Matis Ratté