Student Exchange at School

Samuel Castonguay

There are many unique trips and activities available for students at La Camaradière. Student exchanges are a good example. Exchanges make students face life by their own. Two students from our school, Jadzia Royal and Marc-Antoine Plourde, just came back from a 3 months exchange in Saskatchewan.

From exchanges, you can learn a lot of useful things for your whole life. Mr. Jean-Sébastien Gagnon went to an exchange when he was 17 and still talks to us about it. From his trip, he learned to care for himself, find his way around a foreign city, adapt to a new school, how to do his laundry, well, to be independent.

What they did during their exchange is pretty simple. They lived has real citizens of Saskatchewan. This is what they loved. «I really loved the life there. It was peaceful and there were no “conflicts between the students”.» said Jadzia Royal.

“When you do an exchange, you get a random family and you don’t know how they will be” they both said. Sometimes, it’s just like at your home, but the opposite is possible too. Jadzia found that she was really free in Saskatchewan. Marc-Antoine Plourde, found his life stricter than in Quebec.

They wanted to add that in Saskatchewan they were loved because they were strangers so they had friends. “It is not hard to make friends there because everybody likes you.” They also said that they would do it again if they could. If you have the chance, go for it because you will remember this experience all you life.

Also, on january 31st,  Saskatchewan students will come to the school so you might see new faces here.

Just to note that there are many exchanges and activities available here at the school for the students, so do it before its too late. I want to thank Marc-Antoine Plourde and Jadzia Royal for their availability.

(Edited by Philippe Champoux)