Dress Code Taking Too Much Place

Mélyna Lavoie

A girl in a school was arrested because she was protesting the dress code. The rules for clothes are really strict and the girls have to dress like the boys, so that they don’t get dressed up.

If they see a little piece of skin they tell them they are whores and they have to cover up. 

A teenage girl decided to protest the dress code because, last week, was dress code week and the school dared to call the police, so they arrested the girl. In Catholic schools, there are even teenage girls who protest against the dress code. There was another protest because humans are breaking the rules in 2022. 

The teachers were having trouble restraining the students and they decided to call the police to help checking them. Even if some of the teachers understand the students, they can’t change the decisions that the direction and the higher took about clothes that are and aren’t appropriate in school.   

Before, girls had to wear long dresses and cover their skin because they were not allowed to show of their figure so that they would not attracted any other man than their husbands. Now there are still religious schools where girls have to wear skirts but most of the teenagers roll them up to make it shorter. 

Girls find it unfair because boys don’t really have a dress code, they can wear almost anything they want. Guys can wear short shorts but often the teachers don’t warn them since they don’t look at them since they’re boys.

“I thinks that it is to strict, I  understand we need needs to put limits but it’s to much” Marguerite a students a secondary 3  

Lori thinks that “We shouldn’t have any dress code because it’s our body our choice”

“I think that the school are not allowing us to dress the way we want to” A students of English concentration

Sources:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/arrest-protest-ottawa-dress-code-school-video-1.6458926

https://cen.rcdsb.on.ca/en/ourschool/dress-code.asp

Students