FEQ Victim of its Success

Ariane Gauthier, Journalist

Amateurs of the FEQ are disappointed because access to tickets for this year’s great lineup is very limited.

Many people were unhappy because only two hours after the unveiling of the program and the beginning of the sales, the FEQ announced that tickets were sold out. Many others can’t wait to see incredible artists this summer.

Resellers of tickets are a big problem for the organizers. Even if it is an illegal practice, many people buy tickets when they are sold by the FEQ to sell them back. On Marketplace, it is possible to find tickets for two to three times the original price. Even if most resellers send the ticket, some scammers get paid and never send the goods.

The FEQ is held over 11 days in July and is a multi-genre musical event where international headliners and emerging artists from all over the world rub shoulders. Many types of music will be presented, like electro, rap, country, rock, and pop.

The exclusive pre-sale for Desjardins members has taken place on March 21, starting at noon. The regular sale was launched the next day as the lineup was unveiled.

The festival will take place from July 6 to 16 on Scene Bell, Scene Loto-Quebec, Scene Sirius XM, and Scene Hydro-Quebec, and all the shows will be divided into ten days.

Lana Del Rey, Foo Fighters, Imagine Dragons, Les Trois Accords, Pitbull, Green Day and Thom Yorke’s band The Smile will be performing from July 6 to 16 on the various stages of the Festival d’Été de Québec. Lyvia, a student at La Camaradière who loves music shows, said: “I think there should be a more popular artist instead of ­les 3 accords because they are less popular than Katy Perry, let’s say.”