Le journal étudiant de l'École secondaire la Camaradière

The Camaradiant

The Camaradiant

The Camaradiant

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Get Ready For June 13th 2024

On June 13th, 2024, La Camaradière will host an end-of-year party, at lunchtime, with many fun activities and free lunch for the students.

Many fun activities will be installed in the school’s backyard or made up of materials the school already has. The school plans to invite a DJ for outside ambiance, a foam machine, and inflatable games. Tomahawk Qébec will also be there for the axe throwing with 4 targets for the students to throw at and two facilitators who will supervise this activity. Many other free games will be organized like a shoot-out of basketball at the court in the backyard, a game of ultimate frisbee, and soccer bubbles where you play soccer in a big bubble, and the main idea is to bump into everyone, organized by Optiform. Other activities will be organized on the day of the events due to the teachers’ changing availability.

The highlight of the party is a game called “Tombe À l’eau”. This activity includes buying 3 balls and trying to aim the target near a teacher or a school staff member. If the person touches the target, the person sitting on the palette will fall and drop into the cold water. “As far as I know, the people who accepted my demand to participate in possibly going in the water are the sports manager Jérome Lévesque, music teacher Marie-Ève Dumontet, and music teacher Nicolas Lahaye,” said Steven Saint-Laurent La Camaradiere’s leisure technician who is in charge of the party.

Free subway will be distributed to students and staff. There are 3 choices of Subway: turkey breast, ham, or vegetarian. During lunch, people attending the party can also get a snow cone.

In case of a rainy day, a movie will be put in the auditorium and food will be given inside. Outside activities that can be done inside will be. “We have to wish for Mother Nature to give us good temperature because these activities can not be replaced or postponed. Renting marquees adds a budget unreachable for these activities,” continued the leisure technician.

These events are mainly made by the student committee which has the last words on everything that has to do with the school’s project or activities. Steven helps the students to organize the events. It’s not his first time organizing events of this magnitude in his life but it is his first event for the school. “I have a lot of other fun projects in mind for the school, but I’d like to do a full year before initiating other projects that have been done in the past, but I’m open and listening for other suggestions,” finished Steven.

View Comments (1)