Le journal étudiant de l'École secondaire la Camaradière

The Camaradiant

The Camaradiant

The Camaradiant

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Millions to Help Students

Bernard Drainville invested 300 million dollars for Quebec students due to the recent strike. Organizations such as Alloprof and Tel-Jeunes were offered an extra 42 million dollars. 

Lately, some schools in Quebec have been shut down because of the strike. It all started in November and December, teachers were in front of their schools, protesting, demanding salary increases and better work conditions. The strike went on for 5 weeks and most students needed to catch up with their work.

Mr. Drainville announced 300 million dollars for free tutoring and to help students with difficulties. Also, some schools will be open during spring break to offer as many pedagogical activities as possible. According to the schools and CSS, services will be offered by the schools’ staff on a voluntary basis.  

It’s said that tutoring is organized outside school hours for students in need. Students will have more hours to catch up with school work thanks to the free tutoring. This tutoring is offered voluntarily. Mr. Drainville also planned other measures, “Students who are facing big challenges due to the amount of missed school days will have access to free summer school for secondary four and five.” This would help them work hard for their future.

Concerning the Ministry of Education exams, their value will be reduced. Instead of being worth 50 percent of the final result competencies, it will be changed to 20 percent. As for students with other difficulties and special needs, specialized staff offer help to small groups of students. Support groups for learning French will be available for immigrant students.  

Every school is responsible for its strategies for this catch-up plan. Teachers who are willing to work overtime will have to come forward by the end of January.