Surviving Without Wifi

Surviving Without Wifi

Many have noticed that the wifi connexion has been down at school for the last week.

The problem hasn’t only occurred in our school. The whole school board has been affected by this problem.

The web access is administreted by the school but mostly by La Capitale schoolboard.

The “bug” started in the IT centre of Place Côtée. Even if they have been improving the network, the school board still has difficulty with it.  One should consider that almost every student is connected to a school network, and this necessitates astronomical amounts of data.

Despite having 19 hotspots and buying giggabite switches to cover the total area of the high school, there are some things that The Camaradière cannot control.

The main reason of that problematic is using a common password. As a result of having too many students using the same passcode, the internet connection simply overloaded and blew up. So, our technicians have to reorganize the whole system.

“One of the possibilities to solve this problem would be to log in using the username provided by the schoolboard instead of the popular 161elv.” said Mr Marc-André Dumont, one of the Camaradière’s computer technician. Unfortunately, most students don’t know either their username or passcode.

Hopefully, once the network has been rearranged, the issue won’t come back. But the students are going to have to wait for approximately two weeks to access the net.

Students are very disappointed about the fact that they can’t go on internet.

“I’m very sad”said Penelope Cardemone, student of secondary 3.”Because I don’t have wifi, I’m using all of my LTE which can cost me alot of money”.

Many individuals use the cyberspace for school work, get inspiration in art class, or simply use a dictionary application on their phone.